A new version of the Basic Skills: Communication course is now available!
This course is available as a self-paced online course. You may register and take the course at any time. In this class, we will cover general communication skills, as well as some specialized forms of communications such as advocacy and marketing.
This new Communication course is located in the NLC Niche Academy. In order to register and access the course:
- NLC Niche Academy: my.nicheacademy.com/nlc
- In the upper-right corner, click the “account” icon (next to where it says “Home”)
- Enter your email and password to sign in or to create a new account
- Click “Create a free account” and fill out the short form
- Click “Create my account”
- Once you’ve created your account and are logged in, click the “Basic Skills: Communication” course.
- Read through the introduction, then click the blue “Begin” button to start the course.
Basic Skills courses are open only to Nebraska residents or those who are employed by a Nebraska library. The Basic Skills courses are sponsored by the Nebraska Library Commission and Nebraska’s Regional Library Systems.
Class participants who are enrolled in the Nebraska Public Librarian Certification program, and who successfully complete the course will earn 2 CE credit hours.
More tutorials and courses will be added to the NLC Niche Academy, so keep checking back!
If you have any questions, please contact Holli Duggan.