Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: The Blind Assassin
This #BookFaceFriday is to die for!
Did you just binge the new Handmaids season and now you’re looking for an Atwood fix? Well, look no further. NLC has multiple Margaret Atwood titles available in its Book Club Kit Collection including, Booker Prize winning novel, “The Blind Assassin” (Nan A. Talese, 2000.) Nebraska OverDrive Libraries also has a large collection of Atwood titles available in both eBook and Audiobook format!
“Hauntingly powerful…. A novel of luminous prose, scalpel-precise insights and fierce characters… Atwood’s new work is so assured, so elegant and so incandescently intelligent, she casts her contemporaries in the shade.” —The Atlanta Journal–Constitution
Find this title and many more through Nebraska OverDrive. 180 libraries across the state share the Nebraska OverDrive collection of 25,520 audiobooks, 32,303 eBooks, and 3,403 magazines. As an added bonus it includes 130 podcasts that are always available with simultaneous use (SU), as well as SU ebooks and audiobook titles that publishers have made available for a limited time. If you’re a part of it, let your users know about this great title, and if you’re not a member yet, find more information about participating in Nebraska Overdrive Libraries!
Rules for Book Club Kits
- These kits can be checked out by the librarians of Nebraska libraries and media centers.
- Circulation times are flexible and will be based upon availability. There is no standard check-out time for book club kits.
- Please search the collection to select items you wish to borrow and use the REQUEST THIS KIT icon to borrow items.
- Contact the Information Desk at the Library Commission if you have any questions: by phone: 800/307-2665, or by email: Information Services Team