Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: Zoom
We’re going on a field trip on the next FREE NCompass Live webinar, ‘Connect to Meetings, and more…Experts, Virtual Field Trips with Zoom’, on Wednesday, April 24, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Zoom is a video conferencing app that can be easily used by any device to connect with others for meetings or to bring in an expert as well as learn about specific topics from a museum or non-profit organizations. Classrooms across Nebraska are connecting with Zoom to providers such as the Henry Doorly Zoo or Morrill Hall to experience virtually what can be experienced at their locations. Beth will provide information about Zoom as well as how to connect with these providers.
Presenter: Beth Kabes, Director of Blended and Distance Learning, Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- May 1 – The Golden Sower Award: Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Literary Award
- May 8 – Small Libraries Can Run Code Clubs for Kids
- May 15 – A Conversation with Nebraska’s New State Poet, Matt Mason
- May 22 – Picture Book City: Reorganizing Our Storybooks by Subject
- May 29 – Let’s Get Real About Virtual Reality
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.