Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: Zoom
Join us on Zoom for an exciting author talk with Jenny Torres Sanchez, author of We Are Not from Here!
Jenny Torres Sanchez writes children’s and young adult fiction that has been a finalist for the Pura Belpre Award and included on the American Library Association’s annual list of Best Fiction for Young Adults. Her book We Are Not from Here vividly captures the treacherous journey of three teenagers who cross from Guatemala through Mexico to the United States in search of a better life.
This event is specially designed for YA, but all are welcome.
- Thursday, August 3 at 7:00 pm EDT
- Webinar registration: Author Talk – Jenny Torres Sanchez
For more information:
Join us on Zoom for an exciting story time and music with Matt Mazur of Turtle Dance Music! Come prepared to have lots of fun with stories, songs, and silly dances.
This event is geared toward K-3rd grade, but all are still welcome.
- Thursday, July 6 at 7:00 pm EDT
- Webinar registration: Story Time and Music
Mark your calendars for the following events happening this summer as part of the NLS Summer Reading program:
- Tuesday, July 11 at 7:00 pm EDT: Author Talk (Middle Grades) – Celia C. Perez, The First Rule of Punk
- Saturday, July 22 at 1:00 pm EDT: Author Talk (K-5th Grade) – Annette Bay Pimentel and Jennifer Keelan-Chaffins, All the Way to the Top: How One Girls’ Fight for Americans with Disabilities Changed Everything
- Thursday, July 27 at 7:00 pm EDT: Author Talk (YA and Middle Grades) – Kwame Alexander, The Crossover
- Thursday, August 3 at 7:00 pm EDT: Author Talk (YA) – Jenny Torres Sanchez, We Are Not From Here
For more information:
We’re going on a field trip on the next FREE NCompass Live webinar, ‘Connect to Meetings, and more…Experts, Virtual Field Trips with Zoom’, on Wednesday, April 24, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Zoom is a video conferencing app that can be easily used by any device to connect with others for meetings or to bring in an expert as well as learn about specific topics from a museum or non-profit organizations. Classrooms across Nebraska are connecting with Zoom to providers such as the Henry Doorly Zoo or Morrill Hall to experience virtually what can be experienced at their locations. Beth will provide information about Zoom as well as how to connect with these providers.
Presenter: Beth Kabes, Director of Blended and Distance Learning, Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- May 1 – The Golden Sower Award: Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Literary Award
- May 8 – Small Libraries Can Run Code Clubs for Kids
- May 15 – A Conversation with Nebraska’s New State Poet, Matt Mason
- May 22 – Picture Book City: Reorganizing Our Storybooks by Subject
- May 29 – Let’s Get Real About Virtual Reality
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.