Hear about everything you missed at Internet Librarian 2022 on next week’s Pretty Sweet Tech NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, November 30, at 10am CT.
Special monthly episodes of NCompass Live! Join the NLC’s Technology Innovation Librarian, Amanda Sweet, as she guides us through the world of library-related Pretty Sweet Tech.
Maybe it’s because the conference was finally in person this year, but this was my favorite conference in a long time. It’s nice to know people still come in 3D. It helps that Internet Librarian is the leading technology conference for librarians. If you weren’t able to make it this year, or missed some sessions you really wanted to see, this Pretty Sweet Tech will cover some major themes, resources, and good times from this year’s Internet Librarian 2022 conference. Here’s a sneak preview:
- Tackling community problems in the library: sometimes it’s techy, sometimes it’s just human, learn new ways to get the job done.
- New Ways of Communicating and Working Together: open source platforms, consortiums, partnerships, and that gooey togetherness.
- Games, Gadgets, & Techy Goodness: explore all the cool new tech, activities, and resources available to libraries.
- Entrepreneurship, Makerspaces, & Library Resources: how can libraries leverage makerspace tech to support entrepreneurship and career preparation?
- Predicting the Future: touching on cutting edge technology in and out of the library
There’s a lot to unpack here, so I hope to see you there!
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- Dec. 21 – Summer Reading Program 2023: All Together Now
- Dec. 28 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- Jan. 11, 2023 – Best New Teen Reads of 2022
- Jan. 18, 2023 – First Amendment Audits: What You Need to Know
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.