Learn how to access Senior Planet resources and bring them to your community on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, July 6 at 10am CT.
Senior Planet from AARP‘s technology training classes do more than just teach seniors how to use technology: they address marginalization and isolation among older adults. The Senior Planet licensing program trains and supports senior-serving organizations to deliver Senior Planet programs (in-person) to older adults in their area. The program is free of charge, with the goal of bringing world-class technology training to seniors across the country. Join us to learn how to access Senior Planet resources and bring them to your community.
Presenter: Deirdre Lee, Program Coordinator, Licensing, Senior Planet and Older Adults Technology Services (OATS) from AARP.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- July 13 – Talking Book and Braille Service: Continuously Evolving
- July 20 – Learning Opportunities and Resources from WebJunction
- July 27 – Pretty Sweet Tech: CES 2022 and Libraries
- Aug. 3 – Building a Reading Community Through Podcasting
- Aug. 10 – Reinventing Programming Kits
- Aug. 24 – Team Up with your Community!
- Sept 7 – Retirement: Time to Ease on Down, Ease on Down the Road
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.