Learn about Nebraska Extension’s ‘Read for Resilience’ Program on next week’s FREE NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, October 23, 10:00am-11:00am CT.
Nebraska Extension’s Learning Child team is a group of early childhood Extension Educators and Specialists who provide programming, training, and professional development to young children and their caregivers. Holly Hatton-Bowers, Amy Napoli, and Linda Reddish – members of the Learning Child team – will present a brief overview on Read for Resilience. The Read for Resilience program provides children’s books and accompanying storybook guides to support young children who have been affected by natural disasters. The aim of this presentation is to discuss opportunities for collaboration with libraries, including Extension-provided displays for the books and copies of the storybook guides. Extension educators are also available to provide workshops for families to learn about children’s emotional development while children engage in fun activities and book readings.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Oct. 30 – Pretty Sweet Tech – The Power of the Internet: Use it Wisely
- Nov. 6 – Feeding America: Gardens, Seed Exchanges, Summer Meals, and More!
- Nov. 13 – United for Libraries – Trustees, Advocates, Friends, and Foundations: The Voice for America’s Libraries
- Nov. 20 – VoteLibraries 2020 – Thinking About Elections and Libraries Without Being Partisan
- Dec. 4 – Libraries and the LGBT+ Experience
- Dec. 11 – Librarian in Training – For Kids!
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.