Find out how ‘Small Libraries Can Run Code Clubs for Kids’, with tips from O’Neill Public Library, on the next FREE NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, May 8, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Running a code club at your library can be really intimidating – especially if you don’t know how to code! Prenda has helped hundreds of small libraries start and run thriving code clubs where kids are learning how to make websites, video games, apps, and animations using the resources you probably already have! And as a special treat, we’ll hear from Jeannie Mejstrik who is has been running an incredible club since 2017 at O’Neill (NE) Public Library, where their population is under 5,000.
Presenter: Luke Miller, Director of Customer Success, Prenda.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- May 15 – A Conversation with Nebraska’s New State Poet, Matt Mason
- May 22 – Picture Book City: Reorganizing Our Storybooks by Subject
- May 29 – Let’s Get Real About Virtual Reality
- June 5 – Providing Passports at Your Library
- July 24 – The Golden Sower Award: Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Literary Award
- Aug. 28 – Eliminating Late Fines is a Win-Win for Your Library and Community
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.