Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Reading Reflections – What Kids Are Reading Now: Best New Children’s Books of 2018′, on Wednesday, November 14, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Learn about qualities to look for in books children are reading, and the titles Nebraska children are seeking at their libraries from public and school librarians in the state. The presenters will discuss titles that are popular with children in their communities and the qualities of those titles that make them good choices for many libraries.
Presenters: Dana Fontaine, Librarian, Fremont High School; Sally Snyder, Coordinator of Children and Young Adult Library Services, Nebraska Library Commission: Karla Wendelin, Co-founder, Nebraska Golden Sower Award Program.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Nov. 21 – Best Practices for Digital Collections
- Nov. 28 – Public Library Survey Using Bibliostat
- Dec. 5 – Popular Teen Novels – New Books They Need to Read: Best New Teen Books of 2018
- Dec. 12 – Summer Reading: The Next Frontier!
- Dec. 19 – A Textbook Program is NOT for Us! Re-Imagining Failure Into New Possibilities
- Jan. 9, 2019 – Graphic Novel Collection and Programming
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.