Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Rising to the Challenge: Using the Aspen Institute Report and Action Guide for Strategic Planning’, on Wednesday, June 20, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
The Aspen Institute Dialogue on Public Libraries report Rising to the Challenge: Re-Envisioning Public Libraries and its companion Action Guide can be powerful tools for libraries as we seek to leverage our position as a trusted community resource to forge new partnerships for achieving community goals. Learn how one small public library used the Aspen Report in its strategic planning process to develop a dynamic new road map for community success.
Presenter: Anna L. Yount, Library Director, Transylvania County Library, Brevard, NC.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- June 27 – The 2018 Public Library Accreditation Process
- July 3 – NOTE SPECIAL TUESDAY DATE – Collection Development Made Easier with Ingram
- July 11 – WebJunction: The Learning Place for Libraries
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- July 25 – Emergency and Disaster Response Planning for Libraries
- Aug. 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 8 – Ditching Dewey: How we converted from Dewey to BISAC and lived to tell about it
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
- Aug. 29 – We Find and We Fix: Connecting a Community at the Library
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.