Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: CILDC
Hear about the Greatest Hits from Computers in Libraries 2020 on next week’s Pretty Sweet Tech FREE NCompass Live webinar, on Wednesday, October 28 at 10am CT.
There were hundreds of great sessions at Computers in Libraries 2020 this year. This week’s Pretty Sweet Tech will highlight just a few of my favorites from this year’s conference. So if you’re interested in all things technology in the library, and you were not able to make it to that conference this year, this is the place to be! Here are some of the topics we will touch upon:
- Libraries and the Future of Work
- Closing the Digital Skills Gap
- Makerspaces 2.0
This conference offered a lot of great ideas, and hopefully this Computers in Libraries 2020-Greatest Hits session will give you plenty of great ideas for your library!
Special monthly episodes of NCompass Live! Join the NLC’s Technology Innovation Librarian, Amanda Sweet, as she guides us through the world of library-related Pretty Sweet Tech.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- Nov. 4 – Letters About Literature
- Tues. Nov. 10 – Creating an Open Educational Resource: Grenzenlos Deutsch, German Language Online Curriculum
- Nov. 18 – Summer Reading Program 2021: Tails and Tales
- Nov. 25 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- Dec. 2 – Reading Diversely
- Dec. 9 – Esports and Evidence-Based Connected Learning
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.