Attend this presentation to learn about this great new resource for your older library patrons, ‘Digital Literacy Training for Seniors’, on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, May 18 at 10am CT.
The Nebraska State Unit on Aging is sponsoring online training for adults aged 60 and over, through a contract with GetSetUp. Over 4 million adults in 160 countries are using this platform, which is designed to help adults get comfortable with their own devices. Training is offered in small live classes. With new skills, adults can reach out to family and friends more easily, meet with their doctor over telehealth, learn a new skill, and socialize. The sky is the limit!
Presenter: Cynthia Brammeier, Administrator, State Unit on Aging, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- May 25 – Pretty Sweet Tech: Computers in Libraries 2022 Highlights & Trends
- June 1 – The Heartland Honors 9/11 Victims and Survivors
- June 8 – Policies of Yes
- June 15 – CES 2022 and Libraries
- June 22 – Retirement: Time to Ease on Down, Ease on Down the Road
- June 29 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- July 20 – Learning Opportunities and Resources from WebJunction
- August 10 – Reinventing Programming Kits
- August 24 – Team Up with your Community!
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.