NCompass Live: Nebraska Writers Collective Spring Programs for Young Poets
Hear about the ‘Nebraska Writers Collective
Spring Programs for Young Poets’ and the search for the first-ever Nebraska Youth Poet Laureate
, on next week’s FREE NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, March 3 at 10am CT.
The Nebraska Writers Collective typically does their ‘Louder Than a Bomb: Great Plains Youth Poetry Festival’ each spring. For obvious reasons, we won’t be gathering in ballrooms to cheer on young poets, but we have some exciting new programs to make up for this:
- Working with Urban Word, the national group who coordinates the programs which made Amanda Gorman our country’s first National Youth Poet Laureate, we are going to name the first Nebraska Youth Poet Laureate.
- We are accepting videos by high school and junior high poets for a video poetry contest.
- We are accepting written poems by high school and middle school poets, offering prizes and publication in our ‘2021 Louder Than a Bomb’ anthology.
Join Matt Mason, Executive Director of the Nebraska Writers Collective and Nebraska State Poet
, and Gina Tranisi, Program Director of the Nebraska Writers Collective, to hear all about what the Nebraska Writers Collective has planned for young poets in 2021.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- March 17 – Ways to Fill Your Shelves Without Draining Your Budget
- March 31 – Pretty Sweet Tech – How I Turned My Dad’s House Into a Smart Home Using Amazon Alexa Devices
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.