The 2020 Census
is happening right now! We’ll discuss tips and tricks for ‘2020 Census Outreach for Libraries’ on next week’s FREE NCompass Live webinar, on Wednesday, May 13, 10:00am-11:00am CT.
The Morton-James Public Library
in Nebraska City, NE, was awarded a Library Census Equity Fund Grant
from the American Library Association to bolster library services to hard-to-count communities and help achieve a complete count in the 2020 Census. Join us to hear more about the grant, how the library is using the funding, and to learn ways that libraries can help educate community members on the importance of answering the 2020 Census questionnaire.
Presenters: Denise Davis, Librarian, Morton-James Public Library, Nebraska City, NE; Mary Sauers, Government Information Services Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- May 20 – Reading for Justice: A Database for YA & Youth Literature
- May 27 – Pretty Sweet Tech – How to Make Digital Literacy Less Boring
- June 3 – Automating Virtual Student Library Cards
- June 10 – Identity and Impostor Syndrome in Library Makerspaces
- June 17 – Who are These People & Why are They in My Library? Using Empathy & UX to Understand Your Library Patrons
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.