NCompass Live: Pretty Sweet Tech – Use Website Building to Launch into Virtual & Augmented Reality!
Learn how to ‘Use Website Building to Launch into Virtual & Augmented Reality!’ on the next FREE NCompass Live webinar, on Wednesday, June 12, 10:00am-11:00am CT.
New special monthly episodes of NCompass Live! Join the NLC’s Technology Innovation Librarian, Amanda Sweet, as she guides us through the world of library-related Pretty Sweet Tech.
Did you know that building a website can be a great launching pad into virtual and augmented reality? Many libraries are doing Hour of Code and website building activities as an introduction to the wonderful world of coding. But what comes next? What are our goals for learning technology in the future? This webinar will provide you with the following:
- A brief overview of what augmented and virtual reality are, and how they are used
- Ways to build off of these web skills to launch into VR and AR
- Some examples of what can come next
This webinar is geared towards the curious and beginner/intermediate coders. It’s time to build a strong foundation for future tech skills. Discover what’s out there.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- June 19 – Growing Partnerships Where Least Expected
- July 3 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- July 24 – The Golden Sower Award: Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Literary Award
- July 31 – How Does Your Library Garden Grow?
- Aug. 7 – Life in Fort Schuyler: The Challenges Faced at the SUNY Maritime College Library
- Aug. 14 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- Aug. 21 – Research – the Key to Library Design
- Aug. 28 – Eliminating Late Fines is a Win-Win for Your Library and Community
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.