Join us for the next FREE NCompass Live webinar, ‘What in the World is Emerging Technology?’ on Wednesday, February 13, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
We all know that technology trends are moving at light speed. The truth is that many of these trends are here one day and gone the next. Most of this technology also isn’t particularly relevant to the library world. This presentation will dive into how to identify emerging technology that might make an impact on libraries, now or in the future. Tune in if you want to learn more about the following topics:
- What is Emerging Technology?
- What are some examples of emerging tech?
- How is this tech applicable to libraries?
- What might library patrons want to know about emerging tech?
- What can we tell interested patrons about these tech trends?
We will dive deeper into this topic on March 13 during a presentation about the Ethics Behind Emerging Technology.
Presenter: Amanda Sweet, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Feb. 20 – Crafting Relevant Community Partnerships Using Archives
- Feb. 27 – Future Ready Nebraska and the Digital Learning and Ed Tech Plan
- March 6 – Improving Internet Access In US Libraries: the Toward Gigabit Libraries Project
- March 13 – Ethics Behind Emerging Technology
- March 20 – Reading Diversely
- March 27 – Health Education Resources with the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.