Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Teaching Digital Literacy in Your Library’, on Wednesday, October 31, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
We all know that librarians are the information superheroes of the world. It’s only natural that we would hold the key to digital literacy!
When the topic is raised, people think of everything from learning e-readers, to practicing web safety, or building a website. This is all part of learning how to find, use, create and share digital content. The fun part is that digital literacy is always going to mean different things to different people. The trick is to find free resources library patrons will want to use.
This webinar will help you prepare to teach digital literacy in your library. Tune in to find out:
- What is digital literacy?
- How digital literacy is evolving
- Using free, existing resources to save time
- Deciding what to teach in your library
- Catering to a wide variety of patron needs
- Working with local schools
It’s time to put on your Digital Literacy cape and prepare your library for the future!
Presenter: Amanda Sweet, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Nov. 7 – Letters About Literature: Read. Be Inspired. Write Back.
- Nov. 14 – Reading Reflections: What Kids Are Reading Now
- Nov. 28 – Public Library Survey Using Bibliostat
- Dec. 5 – Popular Teen Novels: New Books They Need to Read
- Dec. 12 – Summer Reading: The Next Frontier!
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.