Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Emergency and Disaster Response Planning for Libraries’, on Wednesday, July 25, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Is your library prepared for disaster? Find out what you need to know at this introduction to disaster planning. During this session, we will discuss the following:
- Identify, anticipate and avoid preventable emergencies
- Plan for emergency response for staff and patrons
- Suggest ways to prevent destruction and protect collections
- Consider mitigating damage when an emergency occurs so that disaster is avoided or minimized
- Establish guidelines for managing disaster salvage and recovery
Presenter: Michael Straatmann, Access Services Coordinator, Love Library, University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Aug. 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 8 – Ditching Dewey: How we converted from Dewey to BISAC and lived to tell about it
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
- Aug. 22 – Excel for Librarians
- Aug. 29 – We Find and We Fix: Connecting a Community at the Library
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.