NOTE! Due to the Independence Day holiday, this NCompass Live will be on Tuesday, July 3. It will be at the usual time, from 10am – 11am Central Time.
Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Collection Development Made Easier with Ingram’, on Tuesday, July 3, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Collection development can be a daunting task. There is so much out there, and reading piles of reviews takes time that you don’t have to spare. In this session, Ingram Library Services will share some resources that can help answer the question ‘How do I know what to buy?’. The HINT Program, High Interest New Titles, provides a list of the top 25 titles that other public libraries have on order that you have not yet ordered. Curated Collection Lists and Standing Orders/New Title Notifications can also help you find the best books for your library.
Presenter: Kevin Davenport, Inside Sales Representative, Ingram Library Services.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- July 11 – WebJunction: The Learning Place for Libraries
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- July 25 – Emergency and Disaster Response Planning for Libraries
- Aug. 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 8 – Ditching Dewey: How we converted from Dewey to BISAC and lived to tell about it
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
- Aug. 22 – Excel for Librarians
- Aug. 29 – We Find and We Fix: Connecting a Community at the Library
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is regularly broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.