Sign up today for the next NCompass Live, ‘The 2018 Public Library Accreditation Process’.
Join us on Wednesday, June 27, from 10-11am CT, to hear about the Nebraska Public Library Accreditation process, and get a head start if your library is up for re-accreditation in 2018. If your library is not currently Accredited, you’ll want to attend this session to learn more about the process and explore the possibility of becoming an Accredited Public Library. You will see how the application form works, relate that process to the required Community Needs Response Plan, and learn why Accreditation is important and what it can do for your library. This presentation will be of special interest to public library directors and public library board members.
Presenter: Christa Porter, Library Development Director, Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- July 3 – NOTE SPECIAL TUESDAY DATE – Collection Development Made Easier with Ingram
- July 11 – WebJunction: The Learning Place for Libraries
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- July 25 – Emergency and Disaster Response Planning for Libraries
- Aug. 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 8 – Ditching Dewey: How we converted from Dewey to BISAC and lived to tell about it
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
- Aug. 22 – Excel for Librarians
- Aug. 29 – We Find and We Fix: Connecting a Community at the Library
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.