Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Are You Afraid of the Big, Bad Inventory?’, on Wednesday, June 6, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Some libraries are experts at running inventories on a regular basis and their listings in their catalog are almost 100% accurate. Many other libraries have either NEVER done an inventory, have only done 1 in the last 10 years, or have started an inventory and never finished. Inventories can be scary and they can frighten people away. Come learn a few tips and tricks on completing a successful inventory. Learn how Keene Memorial Library just completed their first inventory in at least 20 years and hear about the pros, cons, and what we learned from our mistakes. Learn why it is important to do an inventory on a regular basis. Maybe that big, bad inventory won’t keep you up at nights after you hear our secrets.
Presenter: Tina Walker, Director, Keene Memorial Library (Fremont, NE).
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- June 20 – Rising to the Challenge: Using the Aspen Institute Report and Action Guide for Strategic Planning
- June 27 – The 2018 Public Library Accreditation Process
- July 11 – WebJunction: The Learning Place for Libraries
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- July 25 – Emergency and Disaster Response Planning for Libraries
- August 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.