Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Big-Time Library Support in Small Towns’, on Wednesday, May 23, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
With examples from my newly released novel, To the Stars Through Difficulties
, this session will highlight efforts in small towns to support libraries, a century ago and today. The novel was inspired by the 59 Carnegie libraries in Kansas, has won generous reviews from Booklist, Library Review Journal, and United for Libraries, as well gold medal IPPY and Readers’ Favorites awards. It was just listed as a finalist in the INDIES Foreword awards. My own background is in small town arts council development, with work first in Kansas and then for the National Endowment for the Arts in the Midwest and the Pacific Rim.
Presenter: Romalyn Tilghman
, She Writes Press.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- May 30 – Library Innovation Studios – A Project Update and Review of the Application Process
- June 20 – Rising to the Challenge: Using the Aspen Institute Report and Action Guide for Strategic Planning
- June 27 – The 2018 Public Library Accreditation Process
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- August 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.