Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘2018 One Book One Nebraska: Nebraska Presence: An Anthology of Poetry‘, on Wednesday, May 16, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
In this fourteenth year of One Book One Nebraska, Nebraska libraries and other literary and cultural organizations continue to plan activities and events to encourage all Nebraskans to read and discuss the same book. Join us to hear more about this statewide reading promotion activity, sponsored by the Nebraska Center for the Book, Humanities Nebraska, The Backwaters Press, and the Nebraska Library Commission.
We are very pleased to announce that our featured guests will be Greg Kosmicki and Mary K. Stillwell, editors of the 2018 selection, Nebraska Presence: An Anthology of Poetry.
Join Nebraska Library Commission Director Rod Wagner, Nebraska Library Commission Communication Coordinator Mary Jo Ryan, and Molly Fisher, Commissioner and Nebraska Center for the Book Board Member, to:
- Learn about how to create a successful local reading promotion using Nebraska’s year-long, statewide celebration featuring Nebraska Presence: An Anthology of Poetry, Edited by Greg Kosmicki & Mary K. Stillwell.
- Brainstorm strategies to read and discuss Nebraska Presence: An Anthology of Poetry, a collection of poems by more than 80 contemporary Nebraska poets, including Pulitzer Prize winner and former Poet Laureate of the United States, Ted Kooser, Nebraska State Poet Twyla Hansen, former State Poet William Kloefkorn, and many others.
- Find tools to help engage your community in local activities to encourage them to come together through literature to explore this work in community-wide reading programs.
- Learn about the Celebration of Nebraska Books, set for October 27, which will celebrate this book, along with the winners of the 2018 Nebraska Book Awards.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- May 23 – Big-Time Library Support in Small Towns
- May 30 – Library Innovation Studios – A Project Update and Review of the Application Process
- June 20 – Rising to the Challenge: Using the Aspen Institute Report and Action Guide for Strategic Planning
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- August 1 – Engaging Your Community
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.