NCompass Live: Why Diverse Literature Matters for Youth Services
Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Why Diverse Literature Matters for Youth Services’, on Wednesday, February 21, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
This episode’s discussion will focus on the need for robust representation of cultures, religions, and lifestyles in our book collections. A key part of this topic includes a conversation regarding the effects of exposing young readers to diverse literature and why this is important.
Presenter: Erica Rose, Library Science
Faculty, University of Nebraska – Omaha.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Feb. 28 – Eleven Ways Your Current Tutorials Are as Forgettable as Barb and What to Do About It
- March 7 – Pioneers in Violence Prevention: Libraries & Rape Crisis Centers
- March 14 – Tops and Flops of Library Programs
- March 21 – Reading Diversely
- March 28 – Providing Access to the Good Life for the Disabled
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.