Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘Connecting Students to Courses, Experts, and Virtual Field Trips’, on Wednesday, August 2, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Nebraska is a leader in connecting students to courses statewide through videoconferencing, serving over 8000 student enrollments per school year. With this infrastructure in place, the door is open to provide students and patrons with even more opportunities beyond their classrooms and libraries, including virtual field trips. The presenters will share:
- A brief background behind Nebraska’s success and the reasons for statewide success.
- What technologies are being used.
- How videoconferencing is being used for many creative solutions.
- Where educators and public librarians can find free or low-cost virtual field trip options through the Nebraska Virtual Instruction Source (NVIS).
- How the Nebraska Distance Learning Association (NDLA) partnered with statewide distance learning coordinators to provide a free workshop for staff at museums, zoos, foundations, historical sites and more, to help them learn how to provide enrichment programs through videoconferencing.
Presenters: Beth Kabes, Director of Blended and Distance Learning, Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council; Linda Dickeson, Distance Learning Manager, Lincoln (NE) Public Schools.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Aug. 9 – The 2017 Public Library Accreditation Process
- Aug. 16 – United for Libraries – Trustees, Advocates, Friends, and Foundations: The Voice for America’s Libraries
- Aug. 23 – How to Break Up Boredom! Interactive Events for All Ages
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.