NCompass Live: 2015 One Book One Nebraska: Death Zones & Darling Spies
Join us for next week’s NCompass Live, “2015 One Book One Nebraska: Death Zones & Darling Spies”, on Wednesday, Sept. 30, 10:00-11:00 am Central Time.
In this eleventh year of One Book One Nebraska
, Nebraska libraries and other
literary and cultural organizations continue to plan activities and events to encourage all Nebraskans to read and discuss the same book. Join us to hear more about this statewide reading promotion activity, sponsored by the Nebraska Library Commission, Humanities Nebraska, and the Nebraska Center for the Book.
Nebraska Library Commission Director Rod Wagner and Nebraska Library Commission Communications Coordinator Mary Jo Ryan will be joined by special guests Ron and Lois Meyer, Nebraska Center for the Book. Join us to:
- Learn about how to create a successful local reading promotion using Nebraska’s year-long, statewide celebration featuring Death Zones & Darling Spies: Seven Years of Vietnam War Reporting, by Beverly Deepe Keever.
- Brainstorm strategies to read and discuss Death Zones & Darling Spies: Seven Years of Vietnam War Reporting, a nonfiction story in which Keever describes what it was like for a farm girl from Nebraska to find herself halfway around the world, trying to make sense of one of the nation’s bloodiest and bitterest wars.
- Find tools to help engage your community in local activities to encourage them to come together through literature to explore this nonfiction work in community-wide reading programs.
- Learn about the Celebration of Nebraska Books, set for Nov. 14, which will celebrate this book, along with the winners of the 2015 Nebraska Book Awards.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Oct. 7 – STEAM @ Your Library
- Oct. 14 – NO NCOMPASS LIVE THIS WEEK – Enjoy the 2015 NLA/NSLA Annual Conference!
- Oct. 21 – Introducing Two New Library Guides
- Oct. 28 – The Golden Sower Award: Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Literary Award
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.