Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: Library Friends
There’s still time to register for United for Libraries Virtual 2022 Conference!
August 9-11th – Online
The Nebraska Library Commission has purchased a 2022 statewide registration for all Nebraska library board members, library directors and staff, Friends, and Foundations!
- Libraries, Trustees, Friends, Foundations, and the DEI Revolution with James O . Rodgers and Laura L. Kangas (Live only; no recording)
- Library Workers are NOT Okay: How Trustees Can Support the Health & Well-Being of Library Staff
- Community Needs Assessment: Informing Library Goals and Strategy
- Diversity in Library Boards, Friend Groups, and Foundations: Successes and Struggles in Recruiting and Retaining Diverse Members
- Intellectual Freedom Challenges: How to Strengthen Your Library’s Response
- Our Collection & DEI: A Richmond Public Library Story
- Political Advocacy: The Most Important Kind of Fundraising
- Power Up Your Annual Fund Drive!
- Practical Policy Management: A Guide for Trustees
- Preparing for a Material Challenge
- Successful Bequest Fundraising: Planned Giving Lessons from the Field
- Tweeting to Congress: Library Social Media Advocacy
(No discount code or credit card needed to register. The system will recognize the Nebraska registration.)
Please contact Holli Duggan with any questions.
Nebraska Library Friends Encouraged to Apply for United for Libraries Friend Conference Grant due Jan. 15
United for Libraries is accepting applications for the United for Libraries Friend Conference Grant through Jan. 15, 2018.
The United for Libraries Friend Conference Grant enables one member of a Friends of the Library group at a public library to attend the ALA Annual Conference. Applicants must be first-time attendees, and must be active in their public library Friends group. The winner will receive a grant of $850, plus full ALA Annual Conference registration. The applicant must be a member of a Friends of the Library group in a public library, and a first-time attendee of any ALA conference (Midwinter or Annual).
For more information and to apply, visit www.ala.org/united/grants_awards/friends/united.
Manager of Marketing & Membership
United for Libraries
A division of the American Library Association
859 W. Lancaster Ave., Unit 2-1
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
phone (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161
fax (484) 698-7868