Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: Sherlock Holmes
Elementary, my dear #BookFace!
Elementary, that’s what we think the idea of Book Club Kits are for libraries in our state. A simple idea that just makes so much sense. The Nebraska Library Commission’s Book Club Kit Collection is available and easily accessible for all libraries and schools across the state. This service allows libraries and school librarians to “check out” multiple copies of a book without adding to their permanent collections, or budgets. Not sure what to read in the new year? Are all the hot bestsellers already checked out? Try a classic for your next book club read, like “The Hound of the Baskervilles: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery“ by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Tribeca Books, 2010,) I mean, it’s a classic for a reason. This week’s #BookFace can be found on the NLC Book Club Kit webpage. This title is also available to our Nebraska OverDrive Libraries in both eBook and Audiobook format, along with many other Sir Arthur Conan Doyle titles.
”It is not going too far to say that in Sherlock Holmes we find one of the most interesting characters of contemporary fiction. The versatile pen of Dr. Doyle has never done better work than these capital detective stories, the best of which is the powerfully written novel here considered.”
Book Club Kits Rules for Use
- These kits can be checked out by the librarians of Nebraska libraries and media centers.
- Circulation times are flexible and will be based upon availability. There is no standard check-out time for book club kits.
- Please search the collection to select items you wish to borrow and use the REQUEST THIS KIT icon to borrow items.
- Contact the Information Desk at the Library Commission if you have any questions: by phone: 800/307-2665, or by email: Information Services Team