‘Public Library Accreditation 2022’ workshops are now open for registration! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all workshops will be held online only, via GoTo Webinar. To register for a session, go to the Nebraska Library Commission’s Training & Events Calendar and search for ‘accreditation 2022’.
NOTE: This online workshop is being offered on several days and at varied times, to give attendees multiple opportunities to find a convenient time to attend. The same information will be provided at each workshop, so you only need to register for one session. A recorded version will also be made available after all of the live sessions have been held.
After a two year break due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Public Library Accreditation is back! And a few changes have been made to the program to make it easier for libraries to navigate the process. Sign up for this workshop to learn about what’s new for the 2022 Nebraska Public Library Accreditation program.
The purpose of Nebraska Public Library Accreditation is to encourage excellent library service in Nebraska communities. The guidelines used to evaluate libraries and their services are community-based, so libraries need to know their communities’ needs in order to provide appropriate library services that meet those unique needs. That’s where Community Needs Response Planning comes in!
In this workshop, Christa Porter, NLC’s Library Development Director, will answer all of your accreditation questions, such as:
- What is Nebraska Public Library Accreditation?
- What are the benefits of accreditation?
- How does my library become accredited?
- What’s a Community Needs Response Plan? And why does my library need one?
Public Library Directors, Staff, and Library Board Members are encouraged to attend.
Dates and times:
- June 22 – 1:00-4:00pm Central / 12:00noon-3pm Mountain
- June 23 – 9:30am-12:30pm Central / 8:30-11:30am Mountain
- June 28 – 9:30am-12:30pm Central / 8:30-11:30am Mountain
- June 30 – 1:00-4:00pm Central / 12:00noon-3pm Mountain
To register for a session, go to the Nebraska Library Commission’s Training & Events Calendar and search for ‘accreditation 2022’.