Make sure to do your ‘Marketing & Follow-Up’ when you are ‘Teaching Technology in the Library’. Learn how on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, June 28 at 10am CT.
This four-part webinar series works with the Teaching Technology in the Library course offered by the Nebraska Library Commission. The course is designed to help libraries connect communities with technology and digital skills that matter at home, work, school and everywhere in between. The webinar series will introduce the topics and framework used in the course.
Course materials are available for free to libraries in and out of Nebraska. Only Nebraska libraries will be able to take the materials for CE credit towards Nebraska Public Librarian certification. One credit is earned by attending the introductory webinar, additional credits are earned by completing the course materials and contributing to a shared digital skills resource. Tackling technology is easier when we all work together!
This is the fourth webinar in the series.
Here is a preview of the online course. The Overview is available now. Course content will become available by the start of each webinar as the material is continuously piloted and tested. Your feedback is greatly appreciated to make sure these materials work for as many people as possible. I look forward to teaching and learning with everyone!
Other sessions in the ‘Teaching Technology in the Library’ series:
- Session 1 Recording: Who is Learning & Why?
- Session 2 Recording: How Do People Learn?
- Session 3 Recording: Finding Partners & Preparing Staff
Presenter: Amanda Sweet, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- August 4 – Small Libraries Will Save the World! Implementing Sustainability at the Library
- August 11 – The Kreutz Bennett Donor-Advised Fund: Grants to Nebraska’s Small-Town Public Libraries
- August 18 – One Book for Nebraska Kids & Teens
- August 25 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- Sept. 29 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- October 6 – The Queer Omaha Archives: The First Five Years
- October 13 – NO NCOMPASS LIVE THIS WEEK – ENJOY NLA!
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.