NCompass Live: Pretty Sweet Tech – Enhance Your Online Security with Password Management Tools
Learn how to ‘Enhance Your Online Security with Password Management Tools’ on the next FREE NCompass Live webinar, on Wednesday, July 3, 10:00am-11:00am CT.
New special monthly episodes of NCompass Live! Join the NLC’s Technology Innovation Librarian, Amanda Sweet, as she guides us through the world of library-related Pretty Sweet Tech.
Password Management Tools can help you keep your passwords straight, develop strong passwords, and make it infinitely more difficult for hackers to get ahold of your sensitive information. This session will cover the following topics:
- What are the main threats to my online security?
- How can I prevent this from happening?
- Examples of good online password security
- A demonstration/ overview of LastPass Password Manager
You’ll also have access to a handout with lots of handy information to keep patrons informed about their online security options.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- July 10 – Fun, Easy, and Inexpensive Teen Nights (aka After Hours)
- July 17 – ACRL Outcome Measurement Made Easy: Project Outcome for Academic Libraries
- July 24 – The Golden Sower Award: Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Literary Award
- July 31 – How Does Your Library Garden Grow?
- Aug. 7 – Life in Fort Schuyler: The Challenges Faced at the SUNY Maritime College Library
- Aug. 14 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- Aug. 21 – Research – the Key to Library Design
- Aug. 28 – Eliminating Late Fines is a Win-Win for Your Library and Community
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.