Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: taxaide
Can your library help AARP Nebraska’s Tax-Aide ‘Provide Tax Preparation Services to Hard-to-Reach Taxpayers’? Learn how on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, February 1 at 10am CT.
The AARP Foundation provides tax preparation services in Nebraska through its Tax-Aide Program. Last year, Nebraska Tax-Aide introduced a new program to prepare tax returns virtually for taxpayers who didn’t have a traditional in-person tax preparation site nearby. Some taxpayers were challenged by the technology required to prepare returns virtually. Nebraska Tax-Aide would like to partner with Nebraska libraries to bridge this technology gap. Can you help us?
Presenters: Katy Lofgren, Omaha Public Library, Abrahams Branch; Betty Greer – Nebraska Tax-Aide ; Rich Owens – Nebraska Tax-Aide Nebraska; Charlotte Rasmussen – State Coordinator, Nebraska Tax-Aide.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- Feb. 8 – Accessibility Isn’t Just for Patrons! Internal Documentation for Everyone
- Feb. 15 – Digital Libraries as Digital Third Place: Virtual Library Programming
- Feb. 22 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- March 1 – 2023 One Book One Nebraska: ‘The Mystery of Hunting’s End’
- March 8 – Read the Rainbow: Serving the LGBTQ+ Community in Your Library
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.