Are you a new public library director? Join us as we talk about what you really need in order to excel at your job on next week’s NCompass Live webinar, ‘APPLE in Kansas – Training for New Library Directors’ on Wednesday, October 4, at 10am CT.
Robin will discuss the year long intensive training program that is available for new directors in KS – APPLE, Applied Public Library Education. She’s been with the program since its first year and will talk about how it came about, how it has evolved to its current form and how it will be changing in the future. She’ll cover topics that are presented to new directors as well as the “intangibles” of the training – such as the network of peer support that every new director who goes through the program has access to. Join us as we talk about what new library directors really need (supported by 10 years of surveys and feedback forms) in order to excel at their jobs.
Presenter: Robin Hastings, Library Services Consultant, Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS).
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- Oct. 11 – Letters About Literature 2024
- Oct 18 – Learning Opportunities and Resources from WebJunction
- Oct 25 – Pretty Sweet Tech: How Augmented Reality Can Create Optimal Literacy Experiences
- Nov. 8 – Racial & Gender Bias in Search
- Nov. 22 – Best New Children’s Books of 2023
- Dec. 6 – Using Creativity to Grow & Develop
- Dec. 20 – Summer Reading Program 2024: Adventure Begins at Your Library
- Jan. 17, 2024 – Auditing Library Websites
- Jan. 24, 2024 – Best New Teen Reads of 2023
To register for an NCompass Live show, or to listen to recordings of past shows, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website.
The show is presented online using the GoTo Webinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoTo Webinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.