NOTE: All Nebraska public libraries are members of United for Libraries through the Statewide Group Membership purchased by the Nebraska Library Commission: http://nlc.nebraska.gov/trustees/altaff/ The Commission provides this membership to ensure that public library staff members, Friends, Trustees, and Foundations can take advantage of United for Libraries’ services to enhance fundraising, advocacy, and public awareness.“United for Libraries Virtual: Trustees – Friends – Foundations” Aug. 17-19, 2021! Now in its second year, this interactive three-day virtual event will feature expert speakers on current topics facing library Trustees, Friends, Foundations, and staff who work with them.
Those with libraries in MA, MD, MI, NE, SC, SD and TX can register for the highly discounted rate of $69 individual/$199 group (up to five)!
The virtual event will allow attendees to:
- Participate in live Q&A sessions with presenters.
- Network with colleagues across the country in roundtable discussions.
- Enjoy exclusive access to keynote speakers and authors.
- Receive a certificate of attendance (for live participation or on-demand viewing).
- Access all session recordings for one year.
Featured program topics will include:
- What’s More Punk than the Public Library? Fundraising as a Friends Group
- Policies and Practices for LGBTQIA+ Inclusive Libraries: What Trustees Need to Know
- Auditing Diversity in Library Collections
- Advocating in Advance: Keeping Ahead of Legislation and Local Initiatives
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader: Your Role in Creating Cultures of Belonging Where Everyone Can Thrive
- Life Cycle of a Board Member – How to Build a Powerhouse Board
- Gala Author Tea sponsored by Data Axle Reference Solutions
To view the full conference schedule and register for United Virtual, visit https://www.ala.org/united/events_conferences/virtual
United for Libraries: The Association of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends and Foundations is a division of the American Library Association with approximately 4,000 personal and group members representing hundreds of thousands of library supporters. United for Libraries supports those who govern, promote, advocate, and fundraise for libraries, and brings together library trustees, advocates, friends, and foundations into a partnership that creates a powerful force for libraries in the 21st century. To join, please visit https://www.ala.org/united/ or call (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161.