NCompass Live: How Do People Learn?: Teaching Technology in the Library Series (Part 2)
How Do People Learn? Find out on Part 2 of Teaching Technology in the Library, on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, June 16 at 10am CT.
This four-part webinar series works with the Teaching Technology in the Library course offered by the Nebraska Library Commission. The course is designed to help libraries connect communities with technology and digital skills that matter at home, work, school and everywhere in between. The webinar series will introduce the topics and framework used in the course.
Course materials are available for free to libraries in and out of Nebraska. Only Nebraska libraries will be able to take the materials for CE credit towards Nebraska Public Librarian certification. One credit is earned by attending the introductory webinar, additional credits are earned by completing the course materials and contributing to a shared digital skills resource. Tackling technology is easier when we all work together!
This is the second webinar in the series.
Here is a preview of the online course
. The Overview is available now. Course content will become available by the start of each webinar as the material is continuously piloted and tested. Your feedback is greatly appreciated to make sure these materials work for as many people as possible. I look forward to teaching and learning with everyone!
Other sessions in the ‘Teaching Technology in the Library’ series:
Presenter: Amanda Sweet, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- June 23 – Bedbugs in the Library?!
- June 30 – Pretty Sweet Tech – Spatial for Librarians: A 3D Meeting Space
- July 7 – History Nebraska: Taking History Online
- July 14 –Finding Partners & Preparing Staff: Teaching Technology in the Library Series (Part 3)
- July 21 – Accessing Census Data
- July 28 –Marketing & Follow-Up: Teaching Technology in the Library Series (Part 4)
- August 4 – Small Libraries Will Save the World! Implementing Sustainability at the Library
- August 11 – The Kreutz Bennett Donor-Advised Fund: Grants to Nebraska’s Small-Town Public Libraries
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.