NCompass Live: Going Solo in the Library
How do you run a library when you are the only paid staff? Hear about ‘Going Solo in the Library’ on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, May 19 at 10am CT.
From books to volunteers, budget to programming, learn what it takes to prosper as a solo librarian. Librarian Sherri will discuss her strategies to keep sane in a busy workplace. She’ll speak about purchasing books, passive and active readers’ advisory, utilizing volunteers, simple programing ideas, patrons, and some budgeting. We will save time for questions, suggestions, and brainstorming.
Presenter: Sherri Lemhouse, Librarian, Brownsville (OR) Community Library
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- May 26 – Pretty Sweet Tech – Nebraska Libraries on the Web: Updates & Getting Started
- June 2 – Teaching Technology in the Library: Who is Learning & Why?
- June 9 – Mental Maintenance
- June 16 – Teaching Technology in the Library: How Do People Learn?
- June 23 – Bedbugs in the Library?!
- June 30 – Pretty Sweet Tech – Spatial for Librarians: A 3D Meeting Space
- July 7 – History Nebraska: Taking History Online
- July 14 – Teaching Technology in the Library: Finding Partners & Preparing Staff
- July 21 – Accessing Census Data
- July 28 – Teaching Technology in the Library: Marketing & Follow-Up
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.