Explore some ‘High Tech Makerspace Goodness’, on next week’s FREE NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, March 10 at 10am CT.
Over the years I have researched and collected information resources and activity ideas that culminated in a resource for High Tech in the Library. It covers Robotics, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Drones, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality. This session is not going to dive into each of these topics individually, that is why the resource exists. Instead, this session is about how to leverage these tools and resources in your library. By the end of this session you will:
- Explore a variety of ways to help patrons gain exposure to the technology of the future.
- Be able to refer people to the right learning communities to navigate learning new and emerging technology.
- Start brainstorming problems your community is facing and how this technology can help.
If you’re curious about the future of technology and how your library can help, this session is a good place to start. I hope to see you there!
Presenter: Amanda Sweet, Technology Innovation Librarian, Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- March 17 – Ways to Fill Your Shelves Without Draining Your Budget
- March 24 – Friday Reads: Pandemic Reading
- March 31 – Pretty Sweet Tech – How I Turned My Dad’s House Into a Smart Home Using Amazon Alexa Devices
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.