Nebraska Library Commission Awards Grants for Continuing Education and TrainingThe Nebraska Library Commission recently awarded $12,164 in grants for Continuing Education and Training. The purpose of the Continuing Education and Training Grants is to help Nebraska librarians as they pursue learning opportunities to advance their skills and knowledge. Successful applications addressed how the continuing education and/or training proposed will support the library’s mission and improve the library services provided to their communities. Past Continuing Education and Training Grants have gone to librarians attending conferences such as Association for Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) or Public Library Association (PLA), enrolling in an American Library Association (ALA) or other online course, or larger training projects such as bringing in speakers for staff training days. This year we are offering grants in three different areas: attending an out-of-state professional conference, taking an online Continuing Education course, and other larger collaborative Continuing Education projects. The recipients are:
- Atkinson Public Library, 2019 ARSL Conference
- Hoesch Memorial Library, Alma, 2019 ARSL Conference
- Keene Memorial Library, Fremont, 2019 COSUGI Conference
- Morton-James Public Library, Nebraska City, “Grant Writing for City Programs and Projects” training
- Three Rivers Library System, Omaha, Develop a series of videos for library staff related to children’s physical, social, and emotional growth, reading development, and book choice.
###The most up-to-date news releases from the Nebraska Library Commission are always available on the Library Commission Website, http://nlc.nebraska.gov/publications/newsreleases.