Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Broadband Buzz
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: Beverly Cleary
#BookFaceFriday is honoring a legend this week!
In honor of beloved children’s author, Beverly Cleary, and her recent passing, we wanted to highlight all of her wonderful books we have in our collections. One such title is “Ramona and Her Father” by Beverly Cleary (HarperCollins Children’s Books, 1975), book four in the Ramona Quimby series. You can find it and five other Cleary titles in our Book Club Kit Collection. And don’t forget, the Nebraska OverDrive Libraries has forty-two Cleary titles available in both eBook and Audiobook format!
“Beverly Cleary’s Ramona and Her Father is a Newbery Honor Book and has been called “true, warm-hearted, and funny” by ALA Booklist. In this glowing edition with lively new illustrations by Jacqueline Rogers, Ramona’s spunky, generous spirit shines.”
Find this title and many more through Nebraska OverDrive. 173 libraries across the state share the Nebraska OverDrive collection of 17,165 audiobooks and 28,972 eBooks. As an added bonus it includes 130 podcasts that are always available with simultaneous use (SU), as well as SU ebooks and audiobook titles that publishers have made available for a limited time. If you’re a part of it, let your users know about this great title, and if you’re not a member yet, find more information about participating in Nebraska Overdrive Libraries!
Rules for Book Club Kits
- These kits can be checked out by the librarians of Nebraska libraries and media centers.
- Circulation times are flexible and will be based upon availability. There is no standard check-out time for book club kits.
- Please search the collection to select items you wish to borrow and use the REQUEST THIS KIT icon to borrow items.
- Contact the Information Desk at the Library Commission if you have any questions: by phone: 800/307-2665, or by email: Information Services Team