Electronic video magnifiers and Braille e-readers will improve services to your blind and visually impaired patrons, and they are available via public libraries across the state. Learn about this equipment on next week’s NCompass Live webinar, on Wednesday, March 22 at 10am CT.
Erin Brandyberry and Mickie Saltzman, from the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, and Pat Fischer from NanoPac, will talk about and demonstrate how to use equipment that will improve services to your blind and visually impaired patrons. Electronic video magnifiers were placed in Nebraska public libraries by the Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired and Braille e-readers are available to Nebraska patrons from the Talking Book and Braille Service (TBBS) at the Nebraska Library Commission.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- March 29 – Pretty Sweet Tech: GrandPads: Creating Digital Connections for Older Adults
- April 5 – T(w)eens: Programming, Partnership, and Burnout
- April 12 – Art Show! Where Art and Science Meet to Bring the Community Together
- April 19 – Creative Aging Arts Program for Nebraska Libraries
- April 26 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- May 17 – Read the Rainbow: Serving the LGBTQ+ Community in Your Library
- May 24 – La Biblioteca Es Para Ti – Building Community Relationships in a Different Language
- May 31 – Pretty Sweet Tech: Bots for the Community!
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.