NCompass Live: Pretty Sweet Tech – Watch Me Build a Virtual World Using A-Frame
‘Watch Me Build a Virtual World Using A-Frame’ is the Pretty Sweet Tech
topic on next week’s FREE NCompass Live webinar.
NOTE! This NCompass Live will be on MONDAY DECEMBER 23, due to the Christmas Day holiday and the federal/state holiday on Tuesday, December 24. It will be at the usual time, from 10am – 11am Central Time.
New special monthly episodes of NCompass Live! Join the NLC’s Technology Innovation Librarian, Amanda Sweet, as she guides us through the world of library-related Pretty Sweet Tech.
Sometimes it helps to see someone else do it. I’ve described this process a bunch of times, now you can watch me do it, live and in person! That’s right. Things might get a little messy.
Luckily, you will have the chance to follow along if you so choose. The tools are all free, and all you need is a bit of background with how HTML tags work. A bit of CSS never hurt anyone, but HTML is the important part at this stage. If you don’t have that background, feel free to watch anyway. It’s easy and fun to learn how to build a mini virtual world.
That’s it. Not too bad at all. It’s time to see VR get made.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Tuesday, Dec. 31 – Summer Reading Program 2020: Imagine Your Story
- Jan. 8, 2020 – Rescheduled due to technical issues – United for Libraries – Trustees, Advocates, Friends, and Foundations: The Voice for America’s Libraries
- Jan. 15, 2020 – Best New Children’s Books of 2019: Discovering New Books for the Young and the Young at Heart
- Jan. 22, 2020 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- Jan. 29, 2020 – Community Engagement: Straight Talk
- Feb. 5, 2020 – Best New Teen Reads of 2019
- Feb. 12, 2020 – Legal Research for Non-Lawyers and Librarians
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.