“E-rate: What’s New for 2016?” has been scheduled in locations across the state and online.
Big changes are coming again to E-rate, the federal program that provides discounts to assist schools and public libraries in the United States to obtain affordable Internet access and Connections. USAC has launched the E-Rate Productivity Center, EPC, for the 2016 Funding Year. This new online portal will be the main point of entry for all future E-rate interactions. With your organizational account you will use EPC to file forms, track your application status, communicate with USAC, and more.
What does your library need to know to use this new E-rate portal? In this workshop, Christa Burns, Nebraska’s State E-rate Coordinator for Libraries, will first cover the basics of the E-rate program and then show you how to access and use your account in EPC to submit your Funding Year 2016 E-rate application.
Dates and locations:
- November 6 – Omaha Public Library, Abrahams Branch
- November 9 – Norfolk, Northeast Community College
- November 16 – Scottsbluff, Western Library System
- November 17 – Kearney Public Library
- November 19 – Lincoln, Nebraska Library Commission
- December 1 – Online, GoToWebinar
To register for any of these sessions, go to the Nebraska Library Commission’s Training & Events Calendar and search for ‘e-rate 2016’.