With the current plan running through 2015, ALA is currently in the process of articulating the Association’s strategic direction for the next three to five years. Building on the Council-adopted Key Action Areas, three strategic initiatives have been identified as priority areas of focus for the Association after a series of conversations with members during 2013 and 2014. These three strategic initiatives are:
- Information Policy
- Professional & Leadership Development.
Courtney Young, Head Librarian and Professor of Women’s Studies at Pennsylvania State University, Greater Allegheny campus, was inaugurated as the 2014-2015 ALA President at the 2014 ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- May 20 – Reading & Sharing: The System Directors Talk About Books
- May 27 – IT Security for Libraries
- June 3 – Connecting to your community through the Human Library program: The Pace University Library experience
- June 10 – Making The Most of The Cloud
- June 24 – Metadata Manipulations: Using MarcEdit and Open Refine to Enhance Technical Services Workflows
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.