NEH Digital Humanities Start-up Grants – Applications due Sept. 11, 2014
Closing Date for Applications: September 11, 2014
Award Amount: Up to $60,000
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
invites applications to the Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants
program. This program awards relatively small grants to support the planning stages of innovative projects that promise to benefit the humanities. The closing date for applications is September 11, 2014. Proposals should be for the planning or initial stages of digital initiatives in any area of the humanities. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants may involve:
- research that brings new approaches or documents best practices in the study of the digital humanities;
- planning and developing prototypes of new digital tools for preserving, analyzing, and making accessible digital resources, including libraries’ and museums’ digital assets;
- scholarship that focuses on the history, criticism, and philosophy of digital culture and its impact on society;
- scholarship or studies that examine the philosophical or practical implications and impact of the use of emerging technologies in specific fields or disciplines of the humanities, or in interdisciplinary collaborations involving several fields or disciplines;
- innovative uses of technology for public programming and education incorporating both traditional and new media; and
- new digital modes of publication that facilitate the dissemination of humanities scholarship in advanced academic as well as informal or formal educational settings at all academic levels.
Innovation is a hallmark of this grant category, which incorporates the “high risk/high reward” paradigm often used by funding agencies in the sciences. NEH is requesting proposals for projects that take some risks in the pursuit of innovation and excellence.
Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants should result in plans, prototypes, or proofs of concept for long-term digital humanities projects prior to implementation.
Details are available at http://www.neh.gov/grants/odh/digital-humanities-start-grants
This entry was posted in General
and tagged grants
. Bookmark the permalink