Search the Blog
- Books & Reading
- Education & Training
- Information Resources
- Library Management
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Nebraska Memories
- Now hiring @ your library
- Pretty Sweet Tech
- Public Library Boards of Trustees
- Public Relations
- Talking Book & Braille Service (TBBS)
- What's Up Doc / Govdocs
- Youth Services
Tag Archives: CSK50
Learn about the ‘Coretta Scott King Book Awards: 50 Years Strong’ on next week’s FREE NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, September 18, 10:00am-11:00am CT.
In 2019, the American Library Association (ALA) is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Coretta Scott King Book Award. Given annually, the awards serve as a guide for parents, librarians and caregivers, for the most outstanding books for youth by African American authors and illustrators that affirm African American culture and universal human values. Join us to learn about the award’s illustrious history and practical and effective ways to use Coretta Scott King Award-winning books at your library.
Presenter: Alan Bailey, Associate Professor & Head of Services, Teaching Resources Center, East Carolina University.
Upcoming NCompass Live shows:
- Sept. 25 – Pretty Sweet Tech – Can Librarians Teach Robotics?
- Oct. 2 – NO NCOMPASS LIVE THIS WEEK – ENJOY ILA/NLA/NSLA!
- Oct. 23 – Nebraska Extension’s ‘Read for Resilience’ Program
- Nov. 6 – Feeding America: Gardens, Seed Exchanges, Summer Meals, and More!
- Nov. 20 – VoteLibraries 2020 – Thinking About Elections and Libraries Without Being Partisan
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past shows, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.