United for Libraries is now accepting applications for the United for Libraries Awards for Innovation sponsored by Baker & Taylor. The award recognizes Friends groups and library Foundations for outstanding efforts to support their library, and recipients will each receive $1,000.
Three groups will be recognized for a specific, outstanding project culminating within the previous 18 months prior to application.
Entries must be received by Sept. 30, 2022.
Applications are judged on the following:
- Planning: Friends/Foundation, library, and community involvement, use of resources, appropriateness of the activity, and measurable goals and objectives.
- Implementation: Use of resources, public relations, task monitoring, and broad membership involvement.
- Evaluation: Assessment of activity or program, measurable results.
- Innovation: New idea or implementation, creative involvement of people, fresh use of public relations.
- Community Involvement: Broad support by the community in planning and implementation.