NCompass Live: Pretty Sweet Tech – Tech-Friendly Book Club Ideas
The best way to learn about technology is to read about it! Get some ‘Tech-Friendly Book Club Ideas’ on next week’s NCompass Live webinar on Wednesday, August 25 at 10am CT.
Even if they are not all going to make it themselves, people are infinitely curious about robots, computers, artificial intelligence, mixed reality, and all the tech that is changing the world. While libraries can’t be expected to teach all of this directly, books can help tackle the big stuff! Over the years I tracked the books I used to learn about all my favorite tech and practiced with different discussion questions and ways to talk about tech.
By the end of this session you will have:
- A list of recommended titles for book clubs & discussion
- Tech topics to tackle in book groups
- Ideas for wraparound activities
- Book groups as market research
I focus mainly on options for adults and teens in this session, but harvested some options from people who specialize in K-12 to help out the kids!
Special monthly episodes of NCompass Live! Join the NLC’s Technology Innovation Librarian, Amanda Sweet, as she guides us through the world of library-related Pretty Sweet Tech.os Live shows:
- Sept. 1 – NLC Grants for 2022
- Sept. 8 – Manga and Graphic Novels in Your Library
- Sept. 15 – Library School Now – Library Workers Talk about Their Library Science Coursework
- Sept. 29 – Pretty Sweet Tech
- October 6 – The Queer Omaha Archives: The First Five Years
- October 13 – NO NCOMPASS LIVE THIS WEEK – ENJOY NLA!
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website
. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage
for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.