Join us for the next FREE NCompass Live webinar, ‘You Make Me Want To Break Out’ on Wednesday, February 6, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Escape rooms are popping up all over the country as groups go in and test their logic and problem solving in order to escape a locked, themed room. Breakouts take the idea of escape rooms and bring them into the classroom. Breakouts are a great way to engage your students and teachers back into the library. Breakouts can be used to introduce curriculum, review curriculum, or just work on team building skills. Students and teachers of all ages can participate and all students are engaged in the lesson. After running and writing many breakouts for the past 2 years, Meredith Fickes, School Librarian at Mickle Middle School in Lincoln, will be sharing tips, tricks, and knowledge for both running and writing breakouts.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- Feb. 13 – What in the World is Emerging Technology?
- Feb. 20 – Crafting Relevant Community Partnerships Using Archives
- Feb. 27 – Future Ready Nebraska and the Digital Learning and Ed Tech Plan
- March 6 – Improving Internet Access In US Libraries: the Toward Gigabit Libraries Project
- March 13 – Ethics Behind Emerging Technology
- March 20 – Reading Diversely
- March 27 – Health Education Resources with the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.