Join us for the next NCompass Live, ‘One Book – One Lincoln: Building Community One Book at a Time’, on Wednesday, June 13, 10:00am – 11:00am CT.
Katie Murtha, Bennett Martin Public Library Librarian and coordinator for the One Book – One Lincoln Community Reading Program, will provide background information on One Book – One Lincoln that had its inaugural year in 2002 and has been a highlight activity of Lincoln City Libraries and the City of Lincoln each year since then. Katie will touch on various past years’ books, programs, and discussion opportunities and how the program has undergone continual changes to better incorporate community participation, input, and feedback.
Lincoln is currently in the process of choosing the 2018 One Book – One Lincoln title. Three finalists were announced by the Selection Committee on May 28th: Beartown, Killers of the Flower Moon, and Little Fires Everywhere. The title will be determined by a community vote with voting taking place through July 31. The winning title will be announced in September. Check the One Book – One Lincoln website often for the latest announcements.
Upcoming NCompass Live events:
- June 20 – Rising to the Challenge: Using the Aspen Institute Report and Action Guide for Strategic Planning
- June 27 – The 2018 Public Library Accreditation Process
- July 11 – WebJunction: The Learning Place for Libraries
- July 18 – Many Languages, Many Cultures: Responding to Diverse Health Information Needs
- July 25 – Emergency and Disaster Response Planning for Libraries
- August 1 – Engaging Your Community
- Aug. 15 – Some of Our Favorites: The System Directors Talk Books
For more information, to register for NCompass Live, or to listen to recordings of past events, go to the NCompass Live webpage.
NCompass Live is broadcast live every Wednesday from 10am – 11am Central Time. Convert to your time zone on the Official U.S. Time website. The show is presented online using the GoToWebinar online meeting service. Before you attend a session, please see the NLC Online Sessions webpage for detailed information about GoToWebinar, including system requirements, firewall permissions, and equipment requirements for computer speakers and microphones.