We are excited the NEST 529 contest continues for this year’s summer reading program. It is the opportunity for children and teens, ages 3-18, to have their names entered into a drawing for a $529 scholarship. Fifteen names will be drawn, five each from our three Congressional Districts. In order to be included in the drawing, children and teens need to complete their library’s summer reading program, as determined by each individual public library. Additionally, each winner’s home library will receive $250.
Information, Official Rules, and a sample file for name submissions can be found here.
Instructions included on Tab 1 of the sample submission file are:
- Please inform parents or guardians of the library’s intention to submit the children’s names for the drawing. The parent or guardian has the right to exclude their child from the drawing.
- Print out and post the Official Rules for the NEST 529 drawing.
- As stated in the Official Rules — “Eligibility: Participation is open only to individual, legal Nebraska residents 3 to 18 years of age as of the date of entry.”
- Include a phone number &/or email address to contact each child/teen. (Space for these is included on Tab 2 of the Excel file designed for submission.)
- Libraries must submit contestant information electronically to the Library Commission.
- If you do not have Excel or another spreadsheet program, send us the names electronically in an email.
- In order to receive the scholarship, after the drawing the parents of the winners must agree to establish a 529 College savings account.
- Email the completed file to Sally Snyder by the Deadline of 11:59:59 p.m., CT, on August 25, 2016.
- Visit this Library Commission web page for links to the complete rules and a poster to display in your library.
Have a fun summer!