From the USAC website:
FY2014 Application Filing Window Dates Announced
The FCC Form 471 application filing window for Funding Year 2014 will open at noon EST on Thursday, January 9, 2014, and close at 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. The window will be open for 77 days.
Be sure to review the FY2014 Eligible Services List for details on products and services that are eligible for E-rate discounts in FY2014, and continue to check the USAC website for additional details.
We will issue the customary Letter to the Field around the time that the FCC Form 471 application filing window opens to provide filing information and deadline reminders related to the window.
Meanwhile, keep the following in mind:
- You can file an FCC Form 470 now if you are ready to do so; you don’t need to wait for the window to open. To file an FCC Form 470 online, go to the Apply Online page and click on the “Create Form 470” button.
- You must wait 28 days after the FCC Form 470 is POSTED to the USAC website before you can close your competitive bidding process, select a service provider, sign a contract (if applicable), and submit an FCC Form 471. If you issue an RFP after the FCC Form 470 is posted, you must wait 28 days from the release of the RFP to select a service provider.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014 is the last day to post an FCC Form 470 to the USAC website or issue an RFP and still complete all of these actions before the window closes.
- If you file your FCC Form 470 on paper, USAC needs to RECEIVE it by Wednesday, February 19, 2014 to give them time to complete data entry before February 26, 2014.
- Item 21 attachments to the FCC Form 471 must be submitted by the close of the filing window. If you file your Item 21 attachment online, you must click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the last page before the window closes. OTHERWISE YOUR ITEM 21 ATTACHMENT WILL NOT BE SENT TO USAC.
Just a reminder: registration is still open for the remaining “E-rate: Basic Training” sessions in Lincoln, Norfolk and Online. To register for a workshop, go to the Nebraska Library Commission’s Training & Events Calendar and search for ‘e-rate’.
Please contact Christa Burns if you have any questions or need any assistance submitting your E-rate forms.